Oct 30, 2012

The Remnant Visual Development











Normally, illustration seniors do not begin work on their final thesis until Spring, however I have begun mine since summer.

I hope to create a playable game for my senior thesis called The Remnant. It sounds crazy and risky, especially since I’ve never programmed before. That’s why I started very early on.

The point of the game is to immerse into a strange ruinous world by exploring, crafting, surviving, and researching. You, the Remnant, awaken in the midst of a vast land filled with the ruins of three mighty empires abandoned long ago. You uncover the history and truth of what happened, not by words, but by the art left behind from the ruined empires. In other words, you are like an archeologist, trying to figure out what happened by discovering and looking at murals, pottery, jewelry, mosaics, statues, inscriptions, engravings, tools, and other artifacts left behind.

You can check out my DevLog at TigSource: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=29217.0